Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Young Justice: Rivals Part 1

Since I am working very hard on a bunch of new writing projects, I haven't had the time and energy to really give this blog the attention it deserves. Since there is a devoted group of people who enjoy reading my writing (and I appreciate it greatly) I decided to try something new. Over the next couple of entries I am going to post the spec script I wrote for the now cancelled Young Justice show that was on Cartoon Network. I was a great fan of the show and the comic that spawned it so I felt it was the perfect fit for me to write a Spec script (a script no one hired you to write). For those unfamiliar with the series, it deals with the younger heroes in the DC Universe (see my entry about it here). Between seasons 1 and 2 there is a five year gap and I decided to set my episode in this gap in time. That's why my script contains the original core members before characters like Blue Beetle, Beast Boy, Lagoon Lad joined the squad. Also I didn't include minor characters (or animals) like Sphere and Wolf, because, well, I just don't see the point in those characters. So I hope you will enjoy my attempt at writing this kind of story.


TEASER INT. THE CAVE - HAPPY HARBOR - NIGHT

TITLE CARD: 7:00 PM, OCTOBER 30TH, HAPPY HARBOR
ROBIN frantically runs through the cave. He is visually exhausted and his costume is torn. He grips his side as he stumbles along.

ROBIN
<HEAVY BREATHING and GROANS OF PAIN>


Robin tosses a batarang behind him.
The batarang EXPLODES against a SHADOWED ATTACKER. The explosion does nothing to stop the attacker and the figure continues to walk forward, pursuing Robin.
Robin turns to throw another batarang at his attacker but he is grabbed by a hand around his throat. The batarange falls out of his limp hand.
Robin struggles to free himself but the grip is too tight and the attacker incredibly strong.

ROBIN (CONT’D)
<CHOKING and GASPING FOR BREATH>

The attacker throws Robin clear across the cave. He lands on the ground with a THUD.

ROBIN (CONT’D)
<GROAN>


ROBIN passes out on the cave floor.
The shadowed attacker stands over Robin’s motionless body. The attacker comes out of the shadows and it is revealed to be Superboy. Superboy stares down at the passed out Robin.

SUPERBOY
Time to die.

END TEASER

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment